We had a Centering appointment on Monday. For those of you who don't know, I'm going to a Certified Nurse Midwife for my prenatal care. The particular office where we go offers 'Centering' or group prenatal care. We are part of a group of patients who all have due-dates within a few weeks of eachother. Instead of having a 15min visit one-on-one with a midwife once every month, we go to a 2 hour appt with a group of women and one midwife. I've really enjoyed the experience and met some lovely ladies. It's fun to feel that we are part of a 'tribe'--all anticipating the same huge event in the next few weeks.
It's kind of strange being on this side of pregnancy. Actually, one of my fears has been that people would assume that I know what I'm doing through this whole pregnancy because I was a labor and delivery nurse for several years. But it has been so different to experience everything through my own lense. Sure, I might have fewer fears or unknowns regarding labor and giving birth than some people, but there are still beautiful moments of complete newness, like the first wiggles and kicks I felt or my absolute amazement that my belly button is now flat as a pancake (!).
![]() |
| A lovely farm quilt being made by one of my WV 'aunties'--so much love! |
It's kind of strange being on this side of pregnancy. Actually, one of my fears has been that people would assume that I know what I'm doing through this whole pregnancy because I was a labor and delivery nurse for several years. But it has been so different to experience everything through my own lense. Sure, I might have fewer fears or unknowns regarding labor and giving birth than some people, but there are still beautiful moments of complete newness, like the first wiggles and kicks I felt or my absolute amazement that my belly button is now flat as a pancake (!).

No comments:
Post a Comment